OPINION: TEIN – KNUST Lists 16 Reasons Why Students Should Vote For Mahama
The leadership of Tein KNUST led by Master Adueni Prince earlier in the day made a press release giving reasons why former President John Mahama should be voted for in December elections. The next NDC/ Mahama government will:
Create one million jobs in four (4) years (250,000 jobs per year) dubbed “EDWUMAPA”. This will include both private and public sector jobs.
2. Absorb 50% of the school fees of all tertiary students for the 2020/2021 academic year.
3. Abolish the double-track system.
Expand the Free SHS program to cover students in private Senior High Schools in underserved/ deprived areas.
4. Promote the use of IT and provide free Wi-Fi in schools to enhance the performance of students.
5. Provide students and teachers with free tablets loaded with relevant content to facilitating teaching and learning. President Akuffo Addo Sued By Nine CSOs Over Auditor General's Mandatory Leave 6. Train one million youth in coding and programming
7. Address challenges with the Computerized School Selection and Placement System (CSSPS)
8. Employ the backlog of qualified health professionals.
9. Establish a Professor Jacob Plange-Rhule Endowment Fund for medical and surgical medical training. Implement tax waivers to assist health workers to acquire means of transport to respond to emergency calls.
10. Establish a housing scheme for health workers and provide residential facilities at all health facilities for health workers
11.Provide free TVET at secondary and tertiary levels.
12. Introduce a National Apprenticeship Program (NAP). Under this program, Ghanaians desirous to learn a craft will be trained by the government for free, provided with apprenticeship allowances during their training, and provided with the necessary tool-kits for them to set up businesses after their successful completion of the apprenticeship program. edges 13. Abolish the mandatory national service and teacher licensure examinations for graduate teachers. Restore automatic employment of newly trained teachers.
14. Fast track promotions and applications for academic progression.
15. Provide teachers with free tablets to facilitate teaching and learning. Implement a special regime allowing teachers to own their own vehicles under affordable terms.
16. Review the Legal Profession Act in consultation with stakeholders, and establish a Council for Legal Education and Training, to accredit certified Law faculties to run the Professional Law Course subject to the oversight supervision of the Council.
Credit: Master Adueni Prince
Disclaimer:ThinkNews Online is not responsible for the opinions of contributors published on our website.