LOCAL NEWS: Fire Sweeps Odawna Market (Video + Picture)
ThinkNews Online can confirm that fire has swept the entire Odawna Market on Wednesday dawn.
According to an eyewitness, the fire began with smoke emanating from a single shop in the market.
An eye-witness at the scene said "I saw smoke from one of the stores. I approached the security market but he told me, it's against the laws of the land for a civilian to attempt to quench a raging fire when there is an outbreak"
He added that the security man prevented him and his friends from quenching the fire hence calling on the Ghana National Fire Service.
The Eye-Witness further explained that the fire service team came to the scene with two trucks without water adding they had to go back to get water.
It is emerging that the shop owners have lost properties worth thousands of Ghana cedis.
Some residents blamed the fire outbreak on faulty electrical cables likewise gas cylinders.
It is emerging that Wednesday dawn's fire outbreak is the fifth outbreak that has occurred at the Odawna Market.
Watch the video below:
Story by: Joshua Kwabena Smith