top of page
  • Think News Online

"Gov't to sell assets of 17 defunct SOEs" - Joseph Cudjoe

The Minister for Public Enterprises, Joseph Cudjoe has revealed that the Akufo-Addo administration is set to sell assets of some seventeen (17) defunct State-Owned-Enterprises (SOEs).

He made these remarks while addressing Journalists in Accra on Wednesday.

The Minister said "Governmentto sell assets of 17 defunct SOEs"

He also revealed that cabinet has already approved of processes of evaluation of the assets of the said defunct SOEs.

 The Minister revealed that there are 175 specific entities operating in various sectors of the economy.


"53 State Owned Enterprises (SOEs), 47 Joint Venture Companies (JVC) and 75 Other State Entities"


He disclosed that the State Owned Enterprises (SOEs) accounts for 92% while the remaining 8% represented the state equity in joint venture companies.

"I have had interactions with the Board and Management of the various entities and to date he has interacted with 44 entities"


He further revealed that his visit helped solve pertinent issues relating to the entities.

"I visited the Ghana Highway, Precious Minerals Marketing Commission, Forestry Commission etc"


Story by: Bella Bridgette Aborjoe



bottom of page